Monday, July 27, 2009

Wounded Heart,Broken Dreams

the sad man

"I forgive you." Those words written on a white piece of paper,which I held in my right hand. I couldn't do anything but stared at those words, as tears of grief and guilt rolled down my red checks. How can you forgive me for what I have done? I do not deserve forgiveness.

I lived with my mother in a small apartment down town. My father passed away in a tragic accident while I was young. I did not even get know him. I was the only a child, the apple of my mother's eyes. I was her hope to live. She gave me everything I needed although we were poor. Sometimes, she had to pick up three jobs just to make ends meet. I appreciated my mother very much. I swore to support her and pay her back when I grow up one day. It was a promise I made to her.

Soon I reached my twenty-five-year old summer age. I graduated from a well known university abroad. My mother's hardwork paid off. I became a doctor, just what she wanted me to be. My mind rolled back, like a film, tying to recall the past where it began. How can I forget? It all started with Carmen. She came from a ve wealthy family. I was too embarrased to intoduce her to my mother. Besides she was just a washer woman. So I moved out from my old, tiny apartment. I stayed in another apartment, which was bigger, far away from my mother. I left her although she was dependt on me, as she was quiet old.

"Carmen must be the most beautiful girl in the world'', I knew when I first met her. She was intelligent and rich. Carmen had beautiful brown eyes and long straight brown hair. Her melodious voice can calm the roughest sea. She had perfect set of teeth, and long, curly eye lashes. She was so beautiful. She was every man's dream girl. I fell head over heals in love with her. My two years with her was filled with fun and parties. I forgot my entire problem. I was the happiest man in the world, "the king of the world!"

One day, I found a note on my table. It was from Carmen. She left me! She said she found someone wealthier and she was bored of me. I was devastated. I gave my fragile heart to her, and she returned it in a thousand pieces. How could she? After all I have done for her. I even sacrificed my own mother for her. My goodness! Depressed, and confused, I did not know where to go and what to do. I was lost. I decided to look for my mother. Later, I learned that she was taken to an old folk's home nearby. I headed there immediately.

'Ring, ring!' I rang the bell on he table. A lady came to me. She told me that my mother had passed away a week ago, and she left me a note. "I FORGIVE YOU". I read the note. Tears could not stop flowing down my cheek. How could I become so cold toward my own mother, the person who brought me into this world, the person who worked so hard just to raise me up, pay for my education so that I become a better person with brighter future. What happened to the promise I made to her? I'm sorry, so sorry. I can never forgive myself.

Now, I'm married to a teacher, with three beautiful daughters. Every night, just before I go to sleep, I recall this dark history in my life. It will not stay a mere memory. It has scarred my heart until this day. MOTHER, your forgiveness and prayers have healed my pain but I was never there to wash your wounded heart, broken dreams.

-shankar

this story i've made is a fiction.the characters in this story has got nothing to do with the living or the one's that has passed on. may this story be a n eye opener to you readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment